Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas - From Ours to Yours

This year we've really enjoyed the holidays to the fullest. We were beaming with pride while Colin performed his first church Christmas musical singing "Jingle Jingle Happy Bells". Cannon's preschool also put on a musical called Christmas Around the World and Cannon's class represented Japan singing "Away in the Manger" wearing their cute hats and rocking baby Jesus in their arms. We enjoyed Christmas Eve candlelight service and when Pastor Mark asked who was the baby in the manger, Cannon loudly proclaimed "BABY JESUS". It was adorable. He also enjoyed the candles... again, boys and fire! Grandma and Pop Pop were here for a few days and the kids thoroughly enjoyed torturing Pop Pop with light sabers, drum sticks, etc! For Christmas, I think we have successfully attained just about every new techno gadget on the market. Grandma Ruby got a Wii and has already beaten Rob in a game of bowling. I got a new blackberry and a new Nikon SLR digital camera. I have already started to learn so much about how to use it and I can't wipe the smile off my face. I've wanted one of these for years. Rob got a Nano and has probably already spent his $45 in iTunes gift cards filling it up! Chance got a Radio Flyer Liberty ride on spring mounted horse and an mp3 player. He loves horses and he loves videos, so he's tickled. Cannon got spy gear so he can do secret missions and a Smart Cycle to stay active over the long winter. Colin got a puppet theater and puppets to put on some shows for us. Oh, and Santa brought The Brothers Three a new 4-wheeler that was a big hit. The Brothers Three is a series of bedtime stories that Rob started telling the kids and somehow I got roped into doing too. It's a bunch of stories that we make up as we go about three brothers on adventures! It was a relaxing couple of days topped off by probably the best meal I've ever eaten. And based on the "mmmmmms" and "oh wows" I heard during dinner, I think it was well received. Mom brought a whole filet and I used Aunt Mar's recipe with lots of olive oil and garlic! I really do love Christmas!
















No comments: