Sunday, December 7, 2008

25 Years of Service - Happy Retirement Mom!

Well hallelujah, the day has finally come. Mom retired after 25 years at Johns Hopkins University in the Molecular Biology and Genetics department. I have to say, I'll miss the personal link to the latest science, being the mom of a special needs child with a genetic condition, but alas, I guess I'll have to let it go, since Mom certainly deserves her retirement.
The department threw her a beautifully orchestrated retirement party with lots of food, drink and people. It was a wonderfully special day for Mom and I was so glad to be there to share in her joy. I'm so proud of her.
It was a especially nice that so many of our family was able to be there, except for poor Dad who had the stomach flu and wasn't able to come. He had a date with the toilet! Aunt Dar showed up unannounced on Thursday night and was welcomed with tears from Mom and Grams. And then Chip surprised Mom by showing up at JHU for the party.
After all the partying and presents, we headed back to Mom's to visit for a bit before heading home.











No comments: